[blind-democracy] Re: Thought Provoking Post from Mostafa

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:08:02 -0700

Both England and the US are doing what they can to lower the standard
of living of their Working Classes. But Mostafa is exposed to more of
the negative side of the US, than of England. If he were to live
there for any length of time, he would come away with a better
understanding. But what is interesting to me is that he is comparing
the two big bullies, the former Empire and the current Empire. In
both cases the methods used to dominate and strip resources from
weaker nations is the same.
My advice to Mostafa would b, don't trust either nation. When things
go awry and blame needs to be laid on someone, Mostafa will be among
that number. In either country.
And why would Mostafa feel the need to compare two corrupt Empires, in
an effort to prove that one is a better place to live? Too many of us
do exactly the same thing. Our time would be better spent looking
inside each nation to find what is working for the Working Classes and
Lower Classes. We might have a basis to build out from. Identifying
and pulling together that which is working. Instead of driving
negative wedges.
But I'm beginning to blow smoke up my own nose.

Carl Jarvis

On 6/30/15, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I think that there are positives and negatives in both countries.
However, I don't buy his analysis. There's a lot of racism in Great Britain
as well as a strongly entrench class system. That country has been
historically known for the blandness of its food, but now it does have a
lot
of fast food restaurants. It is instituting austerity which is beginning to
disassemble its medical system. I don't know much about how the working
people are educated but I assume that the austerity is affecting that
education as well. It's private school system, called "public schools" in
England, is known for its snobbishness and its unpleasant environment. They
have had a better public financed radio and TV system than we do. Their
news
is somewhat more objective. But they're passing very undemocratic security
laws agt the moment.

Miriam