[blind-democracy] Re: The Satanic Temple - About Us

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roger Loran Bailey (Redacted sender rogerbailey81 for DMARC)" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 21:24:59 -0400

Let me say a few words about how I came to post this page from the Satanic Temple web site. Yesterday I found myself in a telephone conversation about Halloween with an acquaintance of mine. She did not know anything about the origins of Halloween and so I was sharing what I know about it with her. That led to talking about Solwen and the fact that Wikka still recognize Solwen and that led to some mention that some people confuse Wikka with the Church of Satan. She had met some Wikka witches and so she was well aware that Wikka is nothing like the Church of Satan. The trouble is that she still held some extremely distorted ideas about the Church of Satan. She claimed that the Church of Satan holds ceremonies in which they torture and kill black cats and drink blood. That is, of course, nonsense and I told her so. She insisted that it was true because she had once met a member of the Church of Satan who told her that that is exactly what they do. I am sorry, but that guy was pulling her leg and I think it is highly likely that he doesn't know the first thing about the Church of Satan himself. Well, she got mad at me, called me Mister know-it-all and hung up on me. So, to prove my point I googled the Church of Satan and started pasting some web pages into some emails to her. I may know that they do not drink blood or torture black cats in the Church of Satan, but I am far from an expert on them, so reading these web pages was something of a learning experience for me too. From what I understood of the Church of Satan they are Ayn Rand objectivists with ceremony and symbolism. They don't really believe that there is a Satan. They just use Satan as a symbol. I visited their official web site and my understanding was confirmed. They celebrate selfishness, greed, individualism and self indulgence. I get the feeling that a lot of members of the Libertarian Party would agree with them. While googling around for them, though, I was also coming across web sites for the Satanic Temple. Up until yesterday the only thing I had known about the Satanic Temple was the name and the fact that they were an organization. So, because of curiosity I also visited the Satanic Temple web site. I found out that I kind of like these guys. They have some very progressive ideas and they also just use Satan as a symbol without really believing in Satan or any other supernatural beings. They mainly use their claim to be a religion to promote the separation of church and state. For example, if a courthouse or other governmental entity tries to put up nativity scenes or other religious symbols on their premises the Satanic Temple asks for equal space to put up Satanic symbols. This will, more often than not, make the government officials take down the Christian symbols rather than allow Satanic symbols. They also promote scientific literacy, abortion rights and other progressive causes. Anyway, I copied a number of pages from both the Satanic Temple and the Church of Satan web sites and emailed them to my acquaintance. When I was about to send the last one it occurred to me that this might be of interest to this email list too. So I copied the last one, the about us page from the Satanic Temple web site, and sent it to this list too. If I had thought of it I would have copied my emails to this list from the beginning. But I did not have the will to start over and send all of those emails over again to this list.?? I think I may go back and copy the seven tenets of the Satanic Temple again and post it here later, but I don't care to do all the work again, especially since some of those web pages were a bit hard to copy. I do suggest, though, that the rest of you take a look at it on your own though. Remember, the Church of Satan are not my kind of people and I don't think they are the kinds of people that the rest of you would have an affinity for either. You just might like the Satanic Temple though.

---

Albert Einstein
???Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.???
???  Albert Einstein

On 10/29/2019 10:41 PM, Roger Loran Bailey (Redacted sender rogerbailey81 for DMARC) wrote:

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us

The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people, reject tyrannical authority, advocate practical common sense and justice, and be directed by the human conscience to undertake noble pursuits guided by the individual will. Politically aware, Civic-minded Satanists and allies in The Satanic Temple have publicly opposed The Westboro Baptist Church, advocated on behalf of children in public school to abolish corporal punishment, applied for equal representation where religious monuments are placed on public property, provided religious exemption and legal protection against laws that unscientifically restrict women's reproductive autonomy, exposed fraudulent harmful pseudo-scientific practitioners and claims in mental health care, and applied to hold clubs along side other religious after school clubs in schools besieged by proselytizing organizations.

*
/LEGAL??TRADEMARK??AND COPYRIGHT NOTICE/*

???The Satanic Temple??? is a registered trademark??of United Federation of Churches LLC dba The Satanic Temple

The Satanic Temple logo is a??registered trademark??of United Federation of Churches LLC dba The Satanic Temple

The Baphomet statue is protected by copyright and owned by United Federation of Churches LLC dba The Satanic Temple

The Satanic Temple logo is protected by copyright and owned by United Federation of Churches LLC dba The Satanic Temple

All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is an infringement of copyrights, trademarks, or proprietary rights.

Use of site means acceptance of all Terms of Use, Business Policies, Security & Privacy Statement, Legal & Copyright Notice, & Prices, subject to change without notice.

            Social Satan

  * <https://twitter.com/satanic_temple_>
  * <https://www.facebook.com/The-Satanic-Temple-220538341415523/>
  * <https://plus.google.com/+TheSatanicTemple>
  * <https://www.youtube.com/user/Satanictemple>
  * <https://www.instagram.com/thesatanictemple/>

            Main Menu

  * The Satanic Temple <https://thesatanictemple.com/>
  * Shop Satan <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/frontpage>
  * Join Us

<https://forms.omnisrc.com/signup/v1/5cd0983e8653ed3e50c948e1_5cd09af88653ed76f6e714f7.html>
  * About Us <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us>
  * Find Chapter <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/find-chapter>
  * Church of Satan vs The Satanic Temple?

<https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/what-is-the-difference-between-the-satanic-temple-and-the-church-of-satan>

            Shop Satan

  * Shop All <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/frontpage>
  * Membership Cards
    <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/membership-cards-and-certificates>
  * Shirts and Hoodies
    <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/shirts-and-hoodies>
  * Mugs
    <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/the-satanic-temple-mugs>
  * Candles <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/candles>
  * Jewelry <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/jewelry>
  * Rituals <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/ritual>
  * Tote bags <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/totes>
  * Patches & Badges & Lapel Pins & Buttons & Book
    <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/buttons-and-badges>
  * Collaborations
    <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/collaborations>
  * Contribute to TST Campaigns

<https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/contribute-to-the-satanic-temple-campaigns>
  * Sale Items <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/sale-items>

Menu <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us#nav>
0
Cart <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us#cart>

  * The Satanic Temple <https://thesatanictemple.com/>
  * Shop Satan ??? <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/frontpage>
      o Shop All <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/frontpage>
      o Membership Cards

<https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/membership-cards-and-certificates>
      o Shirts and Hoodies
        <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/shirts-and-hoodies>
      o Mugs
        <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/the-satanic-temple-mugs>
      o Candles <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/candles>
      o Jewelry <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/jewelry>
      o Rituals <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/ritual>
      o Tote bags <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/totes>
      o Patches & Badges & Lapel Pins & Buttons & Book
        <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/buttons-and-badges>
      o Collaborations
        <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/collaborations>
      o Contribute to TST Campaigns

<https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/contribute-to-the-satanic-temple-campaigns>
      o Sale Items <https://thesatanictemple.com/collections/sale-items>
  * Join Us

<https://forms.omnisrc.com/signup/v1/5cd0983e8653ed3e50c948e1_5cd09af88653ed76f6e714f7.html>
  * About Us ??? <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us>
      o Our Mission <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us>
      o Tenets <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/tenets>
      o FAQ <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/faq>
      o Learn (Quick Reference) <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/learn>
      o Church of Satan VS The Satanic Temple

<https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/what-is-the-difference-between-the-satanic-temple-and-the-church-of-satan>
      o Effective Protest

<https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/the-satanic-temple-s-guidelines-for-effective-protest>
      o Contact TST <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/contact>
      o Campaigns <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/campaigns>
      o Overview <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/campaigns>
      o After School Satan <https://afterschoolsatan.com/>
      o Religious Reproductive Rights
        <https://religiousreproductiverights.com/>
      o Grey Faction <https://greyfaction.org/>
      o Protect Children Project <https://protectchildrenproject.com/>
      o Find Chapter <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/find-chapter>
      o The Satanic Temple Salem <https://salemartgallery.com/>
      o Lucien Greaves <http://dougmesner.com/>
      o The Satanic Temple Library
        <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/the-satanic-temple-library>
  * Find Chapter <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/find-chapter>
  * Church of Satan vs The Satanic Temple?

<https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/what-is-the-difference-between-the-satanic-temple-and-the-church-of-satan>
  * <https://twitter.com/satanic_temple_>
  * <https://www.facebook.com/The-Satanic-Temple-220538341415523/>
  * <https://plus.google.com/+TheSatanicTemple>
  * <https://www.youtube.com/user/Satanictemple>
  * <https://www.instagram.com/thesatanictemple/>
 *

 *

 *
 *
    0
    Cart <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us#cart>

Wishlist <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us#>0
*Wishlist*Hell Yeah!

 *

 *

 *

  * <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us#>

 *

      o <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us#>

    Share your Wishlist via Email:

    Hey there! Check out my Wishlist.Send Email

 *

 *

 *
      o <https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us#>
    *Looking for something?*

    This is where we store your shopping activity for you - from your
    phone, tablet or computer. Continue shopping and check back later.

 *

          User Information

    No longer find Wishlist helpful?

    Turn off

Sign up to get The Satanic Temple Newsletter
Email is incorrect!
Please fill in all required form fields!
Something went wrong!

Thank you for subscribing to The Satanic Temple Newsletter
Thank you! You're already subscribed to this list!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SATANIC TEMPLE NEWSLETTE
--

---