[blind-democracy] Re: The Empire Strikes Back

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 11:16:49 -0400

The first thing that strikes me about this is that I knew about the Navy's
plans because I read about it. I may even have posted the article to the
list. So how is it that residents in the area who are being directly
affected, didn't know? Because the local media saw fit not to report it. It
should have been a big local news story. And when local citizens who did
know about this program, which will harm the environment, the animals, and
no doubt, the humans, did attempt to inform the populace, they were
arrested. Last night I read an article about how American police departments
are purchasing skunk water, which is a horrible crowd control hemical that
has been field tested on Palestinians. And also yesterday, I finished
reading Black Against Empire, which ends with an analysis of why we do not
have any real resistance or revolutionary movements in our country, even
though so many things have occurred which might have spurred their
formation. My feeling is that empire has clearly won the day and we're lucky
if we can wrest a few concessions from it, that may make life a bit better
for us.