[blind-democracy] Re: Texas march condemns cop,attack on teen pool party

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 19:25:03 -0700

To one degree or another we are victims of our own doing. Our actions
and our thoughts are products of centuries of conditioning. Changing
our behavior and our actions is difficult and painful. So we learn to
say the "Right Thing", while harboring our true beliefs. But because
the changes have been superficial, our inner being jumps out at the
damnedest times. Like for Officer Eric Casebolt, when he flared out
of control when arriving at a teen pool party. His attorney said it
was due to the fact that he was depressed, that he had been dealing
with two suicides earlier that day.
But that makes no sense. We might have expected Eric Casebolt to have
been even more sensitive and understanding, given the disturbing
feelings he carried with him. But to respond with violent actions and
words toward teenagers? Especially the Black children. And they are
children. No, Eric Casebolt is a victim of the conditioning that has
gone into his inner being from the day he entered this world.
This is in no way condoning his behavior. I am simply attempting to
point out that the problem is far greater than we can solve by
changing how we talk, or how we set the rules. Prejudice will
continue until we teach our children exactly what it is, and how to
deal with it. We must teach respect. Respect for one another. But
first, respect for ourselves. That, sad to say, is something that is
nearly impossible with the Eric Casebolts, of the world. You see,
they have been taught to be what they are. Certainly they can change,
with great effort. But many do not want to change. Teaching young
minds is far easier. Except the Corporate Empire is taking over our
public schools with their charter schools, teaching even more of the
crap that has made us the mess we are today.

Carl Jarvis

On 6/21/15, Roger Loran Bailey <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://themilitant.com/2015/7923/792354.html
The Militant (logo)

Vol. 79/No. 23 June 22, 2015

Texas march condemns cop
attack on teen pool party

Above, Reuters/Mike Stone

Hundreds of people demonstrated June 8 in McKinney, Texas, a suburb of
Dallas, protesting a police assault on unarmed teenagers, the vast
majority African-Americans, at a June 5 pool party the cops say got too
rowdy. A video taken by one of the teens shows police officer Eric
Casebolt cursing the youth, handcuffing some and ordering others to
disperse. He then grabs the head of 15-year-old Dajerria Becton (inset),
shoving her face into the ground and putting his knee on her back. He
also pulled his gun on a few teenagers trying to help her. After the
video surfaced, Casebolt was placed on administrative leave. He resigned
June 9.
— BRIAN WILLIAMS

Front page (for this issue) | Home | Text-version home