[blind-democracy] Re: So what about a moderator?

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 21:37:50 -0700

And what a fine moderator you were, Charlie. I am serious. You
actually saw the folks on your list as adults with brains and, at
least to some degree, decent manners. Your two guiding rules should
be all we need. I am thoroughly pleased at how folks on this list
have developed in our ability to discuss issues, and to listen to
others opinions, without taking things personally...well, most of the
time. It is still my belief that we can have a very wide range of
opinions and beliefs, and teach ourselves to listen respectfully and
to speak our minds with respect, and learn from one another. Who
knows? Perhaps we might set a new standard. But whether or not,
we'll come away far better for the experience.

Carl Jarvis

On 6/22/15, Charles Crawford <CCrawford@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Blind Democracy listers,

First I want to congratulate those who got this list going
again. Second, I am curious as to what the rules of operations on this
list
are? I used to be the moderator on the old list and my two rules were no
personal attacks and no inappropriate profanity. Does this list have a
moderator and/or any rules for participants? No, I am not interested in
the
task, and I am not sure we really need a moderator, but I'd be interested
in
what folks think.

Charlie Crawford.