[blind-democracy] Re: Roger. My posts to you are bouncing.

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 20:53:02 -0400

You should have a sent folder in your email program. You can find it in there and copy and paste it into a new email. However, if your email program is working right and if Freelists is working right you shouldn't have my email address in the to field unless you are sending a private message or unless you are doing a reply to all. Personally, I am doing a reply to all for group messages. That is because at some certain point whenever I reply to a Freelists message it goes privately. It happens with all Freelists groups, like the Bookshare lists and the SFClub list, so I don't think it has anything to do with this list in particular. I asked around when it first started happening and no one had an answer, so I solved the problem by just doing a reply to all whenever I send a Freelists message. I know I could go into the address fields and delete any address other than the group address, but that is something of a hassle, so I decided that if anyone get duplicates from me they can just delete them. If you are having the same problem then you could put yourself to the same hassle that I don't want to bother with and delete the extraneous addresses. I do tend to get duplicates from you and I do just delete the extra email and it is no big problem. Let me say, though, that messages that you say you do not see are coming through. I have not really checked to see if they are coming to me privately or if I am getting them on the list, but I think I am getting them on the list because when I do a reply to all I get a copy of my own email. But I have also said that your replies are frequently appearing below all the quoted material and at the very bottom of the email. I think it is those that are most prone to be duplicates. I will also mention that when I do my own replies to the group I very frequently get a bounce. Because I am doing a reply to all I just suppose that there was some address in the to fields that was bad, but since the message comes through to the group I don't worry about it. I just delete the bounce notification and move on. So the problem is likely either with Freelists or with your email configuration settings. Check those settings. If there is nothing wrong with them then I don't think you have a big problem because your messages are getting through even if you don't see them or if  they are appearing at the bottom of your emails. If you can't fix it then I would just suggest to everyone that when they receive a message from you that begins with the quote that they do a control+end to get to the bottom and then arrow up to look for the beginning of your message.

---

Carl Sagan
“ Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. ”
―  Carl Sagan

On 6/16/2019 5:20 PM, Carl Jarvis wrote:

Seems to be a problem with the posts that include your email address,
Roger.  The weird thing is that I can't find my original posts to
resend.

Carl Jarvis