[blind-democracy] Re: Republican Assault on Trump May Only Make Him Stronger

  • From: "Bob Hachey" <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 15:20:38 -0400

Hi Carl,
I think we all waffle a bit at times. You are right as to how Sanders
supports way too much of our unjust foreign policy. But, he's so strong on
the economy, income inequality and such that I'm pulling for him. IF he
somehow makes it to the general election, I will then have the tough choice
of either voting for him or for Jill Stein. If I truly vote my conscience, I
should vote for Stein, but I'd be very tempted to vote for Sanders for two
reasons:
1. to keep a Republican out of the White House, and
2. To give a guy like Sanders a chance to shake things up. I know that he
could be another Obama and cave in to the power structure, but he's been
consistently right on domestic issues for a very long time. I feel like I
know Sanders better than I knew Obama when I pulled the lever for him and am
hopeful that he'd make life better for the majority of American people but
one never knows.
Oh, another possible reason to vote for Sanders?
3. to Keep Trump away from the nuclear football! Now there's a scary
thought!
Bob Hachey