[blind-democracy] Re: Republican Assault on Trump May Only Make Him Stronger

  • From: Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 00:54:31 -0400

Dick,
I agree with your first statements.
But I vehemently disagree with the last.
Alice
On Aug 9, 2015, at 10:30 PM, R. E. Driscoll Sr <llocsirdsr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Miriam:

You have made a statement of great wisdom. The white leaders are doing a
disservice to the white people, the black leaders are doing a disservice to
the black people, the Communist Leaders of China are doing disservice to the
Communist people of China and so on ad infinitum.

However, I am beginning to think that the Republican Want to Be People might
produce a leader of some ability.

R. E. (Dick) Driscoll, Sr.

On 8/9/2015 4:40 PM, Miriam Vieni wrote:
I haven't heard or seen that story yet. If it's true, if these were young,
angry black activists, they're not choosing the right candidates to fight.
They're choosing someone who is an easy target. Given their life experience,
it's difficult for them to know just who the enemy is. After we moved to
Westbury and I became active in the PTA, there was a meeting of the PTA of
thepreK through second grade school at my house one night. After the meeting
was over, two women remained. They were two residents of the ghetto area,
adjacent to the area where I lived. They stayed quite late, drinking coffee,
nibbling cake, and gossiping. They talked about a lot of the people who were
active in the school community, both black and white, and as they let their
guard down and expressed their true feelings, it became apparent, that they
felt threatened on every side. People whom I assumed were trusted leaders in
the black vcommunity, were suspect. They talked about plots and counterplots
and suspected ulterior motives. Whatever the true facts may have been, the
world in which they lived was terrifying and threatening because they felt
that they couldn't depend on the good intentions or honesty of anyone. Given
the world we live in today, that's probably still true for all of the
African Americans who live in ghettoes today. If they can't count on a black
President and a black attorney general to protect them, how can they trust
an old Jewish guy from Vermont?