[blind-democracy] Religious Debate

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 22:06:49 -0400

I am officially the moderator here, but ever since I set up this group I have been intentionally not moderating. In fact, I have stated in the group description that anyone can say anything in this group. However, I have gotten some complaints about a certain person who has been posting here lately and have even been asked to remove him. I have also been asked to not debate with him. Personally, I happen to think that is fun up to a certain point. I say up to a certain point because I am sure that I would eventually tire of it. But I am very loathe to remove anyone or to censor anyone, even someone who unethically holds people captive on his own list. Let me make a suggestion though. There is another venue where religious debates are welcome and it was even set up especially for religious debate and such debate is encouraged. It is the Christian Atheist Debate Central on Facebook. I would like to invite anyone who wants to try it out to sign up for it. You do need a Facebook account to participate, but if you do not have a Facebook account it is pretty easy to set one up just by going to Facebook.com and following directions. You do not need an elaborate account with friends and pictures and all the things that Facebook is famous for even though you might want to use it for things like that in the future. A bare bones account will do just fine. Even though this group is described as a Christian Atheist debate group other religions are represented there too. In fact, the most common religion that people post about that is not Christian is Islam. The rules state that no one is to try to convert, but that is done anyway all the time. Frankly, I find it hard to see how the theists can even participate without trying to convert. The group is pretty high traffic, but since it is not an email group you don't have to worry about it filling up your in box and you can follow just the threads you want to follow. I will have to admit that because of time constraints I follow only a minority of them myself. Since Mustafa likes so much to try to convert people I think he might especially enjoy it because there are scads of both Christians and atheists there for him to work on, but he should expect that they will fight back too. I suppose he is used to that though. I will say that unfortunately there are a lot of atheists there who think that a debate consists of name calling, but there are other atheists who are very willing to use reasoned debate and want to teach something too. I am going to provide a link to the group. I don't know if this will work if you don't have a Facebook account, but if you do and if you are signed in it should take you right to the group where you can sign up. Here is the link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1672216343098897?refid=27