[blind-democracy] Reality and Dreams

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:52:48 -0400

Castro writes: "As has been expressed with clarity by Cuba's Party and
government, to advance good will and peace among all the countries of this
hemisphere and the many peoples who are part of the human family, and thus
contribute to the survival of our species in the modest place the universe
has conceded us, we will never stop struggling for peace and the well-being
of all human beings, for every inhabitant on the planet regardless of skin
color or national origin,

Fidel Castro. (photo: Reuters)

Reality and Dreams
By Fidel Castro, Granma
14 August 15

ALSO SEE: On Eve Of Embassy Reopening, Fidel Castro Says US Owes Cuba
'Millions'
The leader of the Cuban Revolution insists that we will never stop
struggling for peace and the well-being of all human beings, for every
inhabitant on the planet regardless of skin color or national origin.

Writing is a way to be useful if you believe that our long-suffering
humanity must be better, and more fully educated, given the incredible
ignorance in which we are all enveloped, with the exception of researchers
who in the sciences seek satisfactory answers. This is a word which implies
in a few letters its immense content.
All of us in our youth heard talk at some point about Einstein, in
particular after the explosion of the atomic bombs which pulverized
Hiroshima and Nagasaki, putting an end to the cruel war between the United
States and Japan.
When those bombs were dropped, after the war unleashed by the attack on the
U.S. base at Pearl Harbor, the Japanese Empire had already been defeated.
The United States, whose territory and industries remained removed from the
war, became the country with the greatest wealth and the best weaponry on
Earth, in a world torn apart, full of death, the wounded and hungry.
The Soviet Union and China together lost more than 50 million lives, along
with enormous material damage. Almost all of the gold in the world landed in
the vaults of the United States. Today it is estimated that the entirety of
this country's gold reserves reached 8,133.5 tons of this metal. Despite
that, tearing up the Bretton Woods accords they signed, the United States
unilaterally declared that it would not fulfill its duty to back the Troy
ounce with the value in gold of its paper money.
The measure ordered by Nixon violated the commitments made by President
Franklin Delano Roosevelt. According to a large number of experts on the
subject, the foundation of a crisis was created, which among other disasters
threatens to powerfully batter the economy of this model of a country.
Meanwhile, Cuba is owed compensation equivalent to damages, which have
reached many millions of dollars, as our country has denounced throughout
our interventions in the United Nations, with irrefutable arguments and
facts.
As has been expressed with clarity by Cuba's Party and government, to
advance good will and peace among all the countries of this hemisphere and
the many peoples who are part of the human family, and thus contribute to
the survival of our species in the modest place the universe has conceded
us, we will never stop struggling for peace and the well-being of all human
beings, for every inhabitant on the planet regardless of skin color or
national origin, and for the full right of all to hold a religious belief or
not.
The equal right of all citizens to health, education, work, food, security,
culture, science, and wellbeing, that is, the same rights we proclaimed when
we began our struggle, in addition to those which emerge from our dreams of
justice and equality for all inhabitants of our world, is what I wish for
all. To those who share all or part of these same ideas, or superior ones
along the same lines, I thank you, dear compatriots.
Fidel Castro Ruz
August 13, 2015
Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.

Fidel Castro. (photo: Reuters)
http://en.granma.cu/cuba/2015-08-13/reality-and-dreamshttp://en.granma.cu/cu
http://e-max.it/posizionamento-siti-web/socialize
http://e-max.it/posizionamento-siti-web/socialize