[blind-democracy] Re: Political Comments

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 10:45:28 -0700

Thanks Dick. If some of these were not so true, they'd be funnier.
Carl Jarvis

On 8/9/15, R. E. Driscoll Sr <llocsirdsr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

*Political Wisdom*for some Weekend Chuckles…
If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. *~Jay
Leno~
The problem with political jokes is they get elected. *~Henry Cate,
VII~
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public >>
office. *~Aesop~
If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these State of the
Union Speeches, there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven.
*~Will Rogers~
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it. *~Clarence Darrow~
Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the
tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. *~John Quinton~
Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and
campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the
other. *~Oscar Ameringer~
I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about
us, I will stop telling the truth about them.*~Adlai Stevenson,
campaign speech,1952~
A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his
country. *~Tex Guinan~
I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter
to be left to the politicians. *~Charles de Gaulle~
Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be
better to change the locks. *~Doug Larson~
If you want a real friend that you can trust in Washington — GET A
DOG!!! (Harry Truman)

---