[blind-democracy] On Tones

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 10:55:47 -0400

Let me say that I have not checked my email today and will not until later today, perhaps this evening, but I have some things on my mind from yesterday that I want to address, so I am using my send mail function without opening my email program. First, as I was going through my email yesterday I was coming across message after message informing me that a post needed approval before it could be posted and the reason was that it was coming from someone who was not subscribed to the list. All of them originated with Miriam. I, of course, immediately approved them. This leads me to think that if Miriam is not receiving list messages it might be just because she has somehow come unsubscribed and she should check on that and resubscribe if necessary. Despite being repeatedly told that I am technical minded I do not think that I am in the least, so this is largely speculation on my part and is just a suggestion of something that could be looked into. I hope that by making this suggestion that I am not accused of being condescending. And that leads me to what was on my mind that caused me to write this email. Again I have been accused of having some kind of arrogant and condescending tone to my messages. I maintain that if anyone thinks that then you are reading in things that are simply not there. When I have something to say I just say it. I do not give a thought to adding a tone. The reason I do not give a thought to adding a tone is that I have no idea how to do it even if I wanted to and no matter how much I might want to add a tone. I am supposing that by tone any of you who think I have a tone must mean something like innuendo again. As I have said, an innuendo is to me an Italian suppository. For the most part they go completely over my head and not only do I not understand the innuendo, I usually do not even know that one has been made. This is one reason that I suspect that I may have some level of Asperger's syndrome, but whether I have Asperger's or not I am still literal minded. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. There are no hidden meanings. If you want to understand me then you will do that best by just considering what I have actually said without trying to read hidden meanings into it. If you do think you are detecting hidden meanings then that is coming entirely from your own mind. In other words, you are imagining it. When I offer advice for a problem, whether it is something about using a computer or some other aspect of life, it is because I suspect or see that the person I am offering it to is missing something. It could be a missing piece of knowledge or it might be a failure to think of all the options that might be available. My advice might be wrong or it might be right, but what it is not is an attempt to belittle or condescend to anyone. And I am left baffled and perplexed when I am accused of that. Remember! I! do! not! insert! innuendos! or! other! hidden! meanings! I am too literal minded to know how to do that! And it is extremely frustrating to me when I am trying to be helpful or to impart some kind of knowledge that I am accused of such an attitude when it is about the furthest thing from my mind that anything can be.