[blind-democracy] Re: Office 365

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 23:50:57 -0500

I do have Thunderbird and I am pretty used to it. I don't know that I know how to do everything with it that it can do, but it works pretty well for what I do have occasion to do. When I want to do something that I rarely do I press alt and look for what I want in the context menu. For the most part it is just a matter of using a tree view. When I open it up the first thing I do is tab to the tree view and then I can reach my folders with the arrow keys. When I get to the right folder I tab once and then I am in the list of emails I have chosen. What might your problem with it be, Marsha?

On 3/4/2017 9:41 PM, Miriam Vieni wrote:

Marsha,

I don’t think there are any great choices. You do seem to be able to use Thunderbird. Roger uses it. Maybe he can answer some of your questions. The only reason I can use Outlook is that it was set up for me and Londa did changes in Jaws to make it easier. She told me how to do the few things I need, and I wrote down her directions. But I suspect that other things will come up.

The blind people who are into this kind of thing, act as if everyone ought to be able to deal with all these technical issues. The facdt is that most sighted people don’t know, or need to know, anything technical. Most of what they do is visually obvious. If they run across a problem, they ask a young person to help them or in an emergency, they take their computer, in their car, to a computer store to be fixed.

Miriam