[blind-democracy] My response

  • From: "Bob" <ebob824@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 01:22:11 +0200

Hello, I wrote this in response to incorrect allegations which Carl and others have posed. I may have used Americans unintentionally. I obviously did not mean to expressively generalise. I do have great friends in the States such as Pia, Alison and others. Although I disagree with him fundamentally, I still consider Carl a friend. Do you know what the problem is? When we hear the word American, what first thing that comes to our mind? Unfortunately, they aren't the good ones I just mentioned. White supremacists dominate the portrait of American. White supremacists and Trump boosters predominate American symbolism. So, we persuasively are obliged to react in such strident manner. As for footballers, when Trump affronted the footballer during his ardent rally in Huntsville, get that son of, whatever he said off the field, no one opposed his explicit discourtesy. People at the rally passed such offensive remarks without any criticism. I really do not know, what is the point in insulting the guy's mother? People here consider not standing to the national anthem in a public forum a bit unmannered and unprofessional. No one considers this unpatriotic. Patriotism is your temperament to persistently criticise and redress your nation's errors. If that footballer chose not to stand to the national anthem for whatever justifications he is convinced with, he should have not been portrayed disgraceful and disloyal. I never stood to the national anthem here long time ago. I hope I clarified what I meant. Good Americans have a furious battle to fight. It's awkward because Americanism doesn't concur with loyalty. Each and every American belong to another country, the place where his ancestors initially came from. You couldn't commit your loyalty to two different countries at the same time. I disbelieve in dual citizenship. This is the same problem Israel has. Jews who migrated there have some recognition to the countries where they came from. Love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it couldn't be bought, forced, typified or brought. It basically has to be from the bottom of the jawsjaws120kfrheart.

Bob Evans

---