[blind-democracy] My Introdution

  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, vip-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, accessibleimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, blind-teens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:28:20 -0300

Hello everyone!
Thank you for accept me on your list.
My name's Camila, I'm totally blind and 26 years old.
I live in Brazil, and I take parte of an international organization
for blind and low vision. It's the International Institute on Visual
Impairment.
We give accessible courses for blind and low vision.
There are many courses about assistive tecnologies, languages,
rehabilitation, inclusion on working places, psicologic help, and many
other services.
Some of our courses are payed, but we organize many events and
lectures that are free.
For example, we have a international chat via voice, through the teamtalk.
It's a closed server, controled by teachers and indicated to blind,
low vision, families, professionals who work on visual impairment
area, and it's appropriated including for kidds and teenagers.
In this voice chat, we make free lectures every sunday. By now, we are
doing this lectures in portuguese and spanish. In a few weeks, we will
start to do it in english too.
It's an wonderful international space to network with other blind and
low vision around over the world, make friendship, learn and practice
new languages, interchange experiences, know new methods of teaching
and accessible materials for blind and low vision, and many other uses
we can give up.
I feel happy to invite you to network with us.
You just need to instal the teamtalk in your computer and send us an
e-mail asking your login and the file to access.
To ask for your login, write to contact.visualimpairment@xxxxxxxxx
The download of teamtalk for windows and for mac is available on this link:
www.deficienciavisual.org
It's our website, and there you can also know our projects.
Be free to come with us and take part of our teamtalk.
If you have any question, be free to send a mail to my personal mail
address cmlgandini@xxxxxxxxx
Thank you again.
It's very good to be here talking to you.
My best regards
Camila Gandini