[blind-democracy] Re: Muhammad Ali,

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 21:23:30 -0400

There was a certain little girl of about ten or eleven who I knew who met Muhammad Ali. Argh! Wherever she is now she is thirty-five years old. Time passes too fast. Anyway, she was at some kind of event In Huntington, West Virginia where Muhammad Ali made an appearance and she asked him for his autograph. She didn't have anything to write on, though, except for a fifty-dollar bill that she had been given for her birthday. Ali signed the bill for her and then teased her a bit. He slipped the bill behind his back and then into his pocket and pretended that he was going to keep it before he handed it back to her. I was not present for that, but I was present when she told about it in a crowd of people. She was ecstatic that she had been able to meet him. Then some buffoon who was also present said, "You were lucky to get it back. Even if it is Muhammad Ali you should never hand a fifty-dollar bill to a Black guy."
On 6/5/2016 6:23 PM, Martian.Lady wrote:

Hi
When I went to my small Sunday meeting this morning, someone said something very interesting. They said no one respected him until he was no longer able to speak. Not sure that is totally true but there is some truth to it.

Marsha