[blind-democracy] Re: Mitt Romney Won: In a Blow to the 47 Percent, Sesame Street Moves to HBO

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 21:34:54 -0400

I doubt that it will. It's the same people doing the shows. But just think,
Sesame Street was developed specifically in order to help children from
deprived backgrounds to learn to read and to enjoy doing it. When Melanie
came as a toddler from a Vietnamese orphanage to our family at 28 months of
age, unable to speak english, without having had any of the toys or having
been read to or shown pictures, she watched Sesame Street, and learned to
sing "Rubber Ducky" within the first week. She learned to read at an earlier
age than Debbie had, because there was no Sesame Street when Debbie was two
years old. This program was meant specifically for disadvantaged children
and now they're putting it on a pay channel!