[blind-democracy] Letters

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 21:50:03 -0400

http://themilitant.com/2016/8025/802535.html
The Militant (logo)

Vol. 80/No. 25      July 11, 2016

Letters

  Challenge ahead
I enjoy reading every subscription because it gives me a heads up on what I have to challenge in the world upon my release.
A prisoner
Florida
Clinton’s legacy
I noticed several references to ex-U.S. president “Bill” Clinton in the article on the 1994 crime bill debate (May 9 issue). Can The Militant return to the practice of using the actual formal names of ruling-class figures instead of familiar nicknames?

Besides the three pieces of legislation that Clinton signed that are cited in the article, the 1997 National Defense Authorization Act authorized the Department of Defense to donate “excess military equipment” to local cop agencies for any purpose — to date, the Pentagon has transferred more than $5.4 billion worth of weapons and vehicles to local police, according to the Defense Logistics Agency.
Bill Kalman
Vallejo, California

Front page (for this issue) | Home | Text-version home