[blind-democracy] Re: Jesus, Christmas and Donald Trump for evangelists

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 21:16:15 -0400

However relevant the question depends on what it is being claimed to be relevant to. But, again, as a person who earned a biology degree I can say that the question is based on false assumptions. There is no time that a fetus becomes a human. It is a human all along and even those gametes that fused to form the premitotic zygote were human cells. In relation to the abortion question the proper question is when does the fetus attain personhood. As I said in an earlier message, that has to be arbitrary and parturition is a very good point to set it for a lot of reasons.

On 10/11/2017 3:22 PM, Miriam Vieni wrote:

Mary,

I don’t think that is a relevant question. The question is, “At what point does the fetus become viable?”.

Then we could consider some other questions like, What makes human life more valuable than the lives of other primates or than the lives of intelligent animals who are capable of feeling emotion, Which lives are disposable and how do we decide?

Miriam