[blind-democracy] Re: It's 11:10 pm I'm feeling ill

  • From: "joe harcz Comcast" <joeharcz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 05:27:46 -0500

Miriam,

You present a great point here. That is that there is some reconing to be done within the Democratic Party and should be. We both agree on that for sure.

That said and, not in disagreement with you at all on these and other points I must say that I, too am getting "long in the tooth", and though younger than you have failing health while also having parental caretaker concerns (which I haven't adressed much on this list).

Regardless, I feeel not so much like Jesus, but rather Moses for I and others of my generation have fought so much for a "promised land" of full inclusion for all; for complete civil and human rights: and so on and so forth.

I, personally have been at the barricades and have sufferred consequences for direct actions, civil disobedience and even basic protests. I haven't suferred as extremely as others like say Emma Goldman, or many of the IWW, or many communists in the red scare, orthe likes of Congressman Lewis who got his head bashed in during the civil rights era.

As an aside I have had a police baton hit me during the Mayday demos in 1971 and was unlawfully iincarated without arrest and then just released.

I have also been spied upon as a "red" and have been arrested and convicted for civil disobedience over years.

But, I digress.

I now see the fight, or rather, have long ago seen the fight is not for me and even my generation, but rather for the future. And I think this is an existial issue for the human race.

In other words what gets me going is not anything now for me, but rather for my neices, nephews, daughter and so on and so forth.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miriam Vieni" <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>