[blind-democracy] Re: It Really Is That Bad

  • From: "joe harcz Comcast" <joeharcz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 05:43:03 -0500

Great stuff here and thanks Miriam.

I'm astounded even from conventional democratic terms and that is with a smal "d" that folks in even the liberal media, in some quarters call the Trump victory a mandate.

The hell it was, for in pluristic democratic terms he lost the popular vote. Some "populist" eh.

Those who know me know my common distain for the Democrat and Republican "establishment" as well.. But, that said and in spite of the stunning electoral victory, which should be examined and understood, Trump did not really win the election anymore than George Bush did over Gore.

Shit, he didn't even win the "plurarity of the popular vote let alone the majority. And that is no "mandate".
All the levers of power are in single hands now even though this country, even popularly speaking is so equally divided. This wasn't the 50/50 outcome in reality.

So, I agree, it is now time for total resistance at every front and every afront!

No, fucking honeymoon for sure is warrented!
Obama can be as gracious as he wants, as can Clinton. I won't be so for it is my life, liberty and future on the line and that of my loved ones and class members.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miriam Vieni" <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
* World
* U.S.
* Canada
* Climate
* War & Peace
* Economy
* Rights
* Solutions
* President-Elect Donald Trump
* #NoDAPL
* 2016 Key Ballot Issues
* Election 2016
* Hillary Clinton
* Bernie Sanders
It Really Is That Bad
Published on
Wednesday, November 09, 2016
by
The Nation
It Really Is That Bad
So now we must get very good at saying “no” to Trumpism.
by
John Nichols
* 24 Comments
*
[...]
/author/john-nichols
/author/john-nichols/author/john-nichols