[blind-democracy] Re: Interrupting Sanders Exposed White Supremacy Of US Left | PopularResistance.Org

  • From: "Bob Hachey" <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:18:13 -0400

Hi Miriam,
That is pretty sad that Sanders didn't speak because he disagreed with the
direct action of Johnson and Willaford. I thought it was because he wanted
to recognize the rightness of their actions! How naïve can I be?
One thing is for sure. All white liberals including yours truly had better
take this article to heart.
I'll admit that my first reaction to Black Lives Matter reps protesting at
Sander's campaign rallies was rather negative. It was something like: "who
do they think they are interrupting the one presidential candidate likely to
do more than any of the alternatives for racial injustice?" I sure do see
the errors in my thinking now. I think this is a good lesson for all of us
and I hope that Sanders and other powerful white liberals have not lost the
opportunity to truly support the black Lives Matter movement and, in turn,
receive support from them.
Bob Hachey