[blind-democracy] Re: I tried...I really, really tried to listen...

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 19:40:21 -0800

As I said, I could not make it through the entire debate. The theme I
noted was one of shaking fingers under the Corporate noses, shaming
them for their greed, while condoning their violence around the
world. Who ever settles into the presidents chair in 2017 will forget
all the political promises and at best we will see an extension of
Obama. At worst? It's too scary to contemplate.
At times I feel like a crew member on the Titanic, watching the ship
go down while I'm bailing frantically with a coffee cup.
We went Christmas shopping today. Marlene, Cathy's sister, took me to
Bed, Bath and Beyond where I spent gobs of money on stuff I think
Cathy will like. Then we took their mother to Chinese Buffet and
Cathy and I stopped at the Christmas Tree Farm and cut a seven foot
Noble Fir. Then we settled down in our recliners and spent some
quality time watching the Seattle Sea Hawks whip the Cleavland Browns.
After all of that, I stuck my nose out the door and found that the
world had changed very little.

Carl Jarvis

On 12/20/15, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, here's my story. I couldn't watch the first debate because I only pay
for basic cable so I don't think that CNN is included in that. I didn't
attempt to watch the second debate because I never bothered to find out
what
channel was broadcasting it. The reason I didn't bother to find out is that
I, too, think the debates are just a show and have little to do with the
actual mechanics of choosing candidates, electing them, or the governance
of
our country. I'd rather read a good book. But this time, I thought maybe
I'd
watch at least part of the debate. I even knew what channel it was on and
what time it started. But when I pressed the on button on my remote,
nothing
happened. I don't know why. We put new batteries in it a while back and I
never use it so the batteries should have been fine. So much for the
debate.
I read summaries of it on Truthdig and Alternet this morning, which is
quite
sufficient. But someone does have to find out why the TV that I never use,
wasn't working.