[blind-democracy] Re: Guns Don't Kill People - Americans Kill People

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 17:16:38 -0500

Bob,

We can't imagine what it might tbe like to live somewhere else. America is
our home, after all, and we've been told that it is the best place on earth
to live. It has dominated the world for many decades now, and it exists
because people came from other places to live here. But I think it's
difficult for us to be objective because we really don't have intimate
knowledge of what it might be like to live in, for example, the Scandanavian
countries, where there are strong social welfare states and the needs of
everyday people are met more willingly than here. We just don't know
because we have such a self centered view.

Well, on another note, I, also, wish all of you a lovely holiday or Merry
Christmas, or if you so wish, as much freedom from the holiday celebrations
as you want.