[blind-democracy] Re: Government - A report from 1834

  • From: "Bob Hachey" <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:01:17 -0400

Hi Dick,

Good post here. It is almost always good to read opinions taken from earlier
times. Actually, the author makes some good points here, especially
regarding equal protection. But, in many cases, it seems as the author
points out that the government tends to protect the wealthy rather than the
working man or woman. Also, he does speak from a position of limited
government. Frankly, I wish that limited government could work well for the
working person because we could then concentrate more resources on
infrastructure, moving sciences in a positive direction, education, and much
more.

But the biggest problem I see that makes this approach unworkable is the
short run greed of many in the wealthy class. Seems they are more concerned
about this quarter's gain over things like long term growth, employee
loyalty and trying to make sure that industry will be sustainable over the
long run.

The more greedy the wealthy, the greater the need for increased regulation.

Bob Hachey