Good-bye to a real friend.

  • From: "Charles Crawford" <CCrawford@xxxxxxx> <mailto:CCrawford@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <mailto:blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:40:31 -0400

Hi Blind Democracy folks,

I don't know if this information has already been passed along, but I need
to let you know that Mr. William F. Acker who was the system operator for
our Blind Democracy list for many years, passed away few weeks ago and I for
one will miss him greatly. Bill was a straight shooter and told it like it
was whenever we talked. He knew Linux like the back of his hand and he was
always willing to get into the system and fix a problem whenever he was
asked to do so.

Bill believed in people and how technology could be a real benefit to all of
us. As a blind guy himself and as a committed
Linux user, he was a force to be reckoned with and a heck of a friend to
have. I miss you Bill, and I know Janina, Leedy, and your wife of many
years will carry on in your footsteps and I salute them all.

Charlie Crawford

Ex-moderator of Blind Democracy.