[blind-democracy] Re: Fwd: [act-chat] Oops! National Federation of the Blind Sued for Religious Discrimination by EEOC

  • From: "S. Kashdan" <skashdan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:12:48 -0700

All,

I want to remind everyone that the women's health clinics that provide
abortions when necessary and desired also provide many other important
health services. I have gone to many of them, and none of them were ever
called ... Jane Doe Abortion Clinic. They are always called ... Jane Doe
Women's Health Clinic, or something like that.

I think it is important to remember to not fall into the right-wing language
usage. That language is itself coercive.

And, there are a lot of regulations that also limit other women's health
services beyond abortion information and care.

For justice and peace,
Sylvie