[blind-democracy] Facebook does it again.

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 22:43:04 -0400

Again, if you have been out of touch with someone for a very long time Facebook is the place to look for them. This one is a bit delayed though. I have on several occasions done searches for people I have known in the past and have told you about how I found them. Now there is another one. I was doing searches for names that I remembered back in my teenage years. Some of them I couldn't be sure about. So I dropped a note asking if they were the one I thought they were. There was one named Lois. I sent her a message back on December 23, 2013 and this is the longest it has taken for anyone to reply to one of my messages. I could see the date right there on my message and it took nearly four years for her to reply. She was, indeed, the one I thought she was. This was one who I didn't really know very well, but I knew even back then that I was much more aware of her than she ever was of me. Now, she says that my name sounds familiar, but that she can't quite place me. I didn't really expect that she was going to remember me as well as I remembered her. But for the last couple of hours we have been exchanging messages reminiscing about mutual acquaintances from back then and she still can't place me. She has emailed one of those mutual acquaintances who she is still in contact to ask her if she has any pictures from back then that would help her identify me.