[blind-democracy] FW: Stand with Kerry for Syria agreement to confront ISIS

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:43:23 -0500

_____

From: info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Just
Foreign Policy
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:56 PM
To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Stand with Kerry for Syria agreement to confront ISIS

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fxBsrhWA%2F7nrZQGUCIdxNc5KmWWQ
ioEo> Just Foreign Policy

Dear Miriam,

Urge Congress to support Kerry's ceasefire effort.

Take
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pi01v2RuwpQhrOF8U%2Bcj8s5KmWWQ
ioEo> Action

Secretary of State John Kerry says a ceasefire between Syria's government
and opposition could be just weeks away from reality, AP reports. [1] Kerry
said the ceasefire envisioned by the political process agreed upon in Vienna
on Saturday would significantly help efforts to fight ISIS as well as end
the Syrian civil war. "We're weeks away conceivably from the possibility of
a big transition for Syria, and I don't think enough people necessarily
notice that," Kerry said.

John McCain noticed, and he's not happy. McCain slammed the ceasefire deal
on NPR, on the grounds that it accepts that Russia and Iran have influence
in Syria. [2] But a war to remove Russian and Iranian influence from Syria
would be a long war indeed. Saudi Arabia and Turkey, key backers of the
Syrian opposition, signed the deal in Vienna, but that's not good enough for
John McCain.

Tell Congress and the Administration that you support John Kerry's efforts
to achieve a ceasefire by signing our petition at MoveOn:

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/stand-with-Kerry-Syria-agreement
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VnL6Kj7yc6Qr%2FrdTm8FACc5KmWWQ
ioEo>

Secretary Kerry has done what 55 House Democrats [3], led by Jim Himes,
urged him to do: get a deal with Russia and Iran to end the Syrian civil
war, so the world can cooperate to confront ISIS. As Rep. Himes said on the
House floor at the time [4], Washington has to accept that a realistic
political deal in Syria that allows the world to focus on confronting ISIS
is not going to be "perfect" from Washington's point of view.

Urge Congress to support the Syria ceasefire deal by signing our petition:

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=USIAFvdVjH2mOY2nQjlJBc5KmWWQio
Eo> http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/stand-with-Kerry-Syria-agreement

Thanks for all you do to help prevent, end, and limit wars,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy

Help support our work by making a $15 tax-deductible donation.
If you like what we do, help fund us. Make a $15 tax-deductible donation
today!
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BRMQjmHWpzqQuV9apnTeCM5KmWWQ
ioEo>