[blind-democracy] FW: Sign my petition: Social Security

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 21:52:56 -0500

_____

From: Elizabeth Warren [mailto:moveon-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 8:33 PM
To: Miriam Vieni
Subject: Sign my petition: Social Security

Will you sign my MoveOn.org petition urging Congress to give seniors and
vets a raise?
Dear MoveOn member,

On January 1, for just the third time since 1975, seniors who receive Social
Security won't be getting an annual cost-of-living increase. Neither will
millions of other Americans whose veterans' benefits, disability benefits,
and other monthly payments are pegged to Social Security.

Will <http://www.moveon.org/r/?r=308104&id=134724-5346423-BeT5lVx&t=1> you
join me in calling on my fellow members of Congress to give seniors and
veterans the raise they deserve?

Please pass the Seniors and Veterans Emergency Benefits Act (SAVE Benefits
Act) to give seniors and veterans a one-time 3.9% payment in 2016-the same
raise that America's top CEOs received last year.

<http://pac.petitions.moveon.org/sign/tell-congress-ceos-got?source=mo&id=13
4724-5346423-BeT5lVx&t=31> Sign my petition

Two-thirds of retirees depend on Social Security to pay for the basics: to
put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads-but seniors who
usually get a small boost on January 1 won't see an extra dime next year.

The Seniors and Veterans Emergency Benefits Act (SAVE Benefits Act) would:

* Provide seniors and veterans with an emergency, one-time 3.9%
payment in 2016 (approx. $581/person). 3.9% is the average raise that
America's top CEOs received last year.

* Fully cover the cost of increased payments by closing the tax
loophole that allows corporations to write off obscene executive bonuses as
a business expense for "performance pay."

* Extend the life of Social Security by bolstering the Social Security
and Disability trust funds.

So let's do it. Let's close the loophole and let's use the money to give
seniors and veterans the support they need on January 1. Tell Congress that
America supports the SAVE Benefits Act.

Click
<http://pac.petitions.moveon.org/sign/tell-congress-ceos-got?source=mo&id=13
4724-5346423-BeT5lVx&t=32> here to add your name to this petition, and then
pass it along to your friends.

Thanks!

-Senator Elizabeth Warren

You're receiving this petition because we thought it might interest you. It
was created on MoveOn.org, where anyone can start their own online
petitions. You can start your own petition here.
<http://www.moveon.org/r/?r=306934&id=134724-5346423-BeT5lVx&t=2>

Want to support our work? MoveOn member contributions have powered our work
together for more than 17 years. Hundreds of thousands of people chip in
each year-which is why we're able to be fiercely independent, answering to
no individual, corporation, politician, or political party. You can become a
monthly donor by clicking
<https://pol.moveon.org/contrib/pacmonthly_footer.html?id=134724-5346423-BeT
5lVx&t=121> here, or chip
<https://pol.moveon.org/contrib/pac_footer.html?id=134724-5346423-BeT5lVx&t=
120> in a one-time gift here.

_____

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not
authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to
Miriam Vieni on November 5, 2015. To change your email address or update
your contact info, click
<http://moveon.org/subscrip/coa.html?id=134724-5346423-BeT5lVx> here. To
remove yourself from this list, click here
<http://moveon.org/s?i=134724-5346423-BeT5lVx> .
<http://open.moveon.org/o.gif?id=134724-5346423-BeT5lVx>
<http://list.moveon.org/wf/open?upn=s8aFaxXaPKf6m13KBbT3E9gCAL-2FzVb2RjrmHSs
h7H4zlZWmaBKGC5fFadkoEZdeCez3G8JzzduzIPm960lJqHVPNk2QYFZUR2I1Ocm4U0egHyW83Gh
NJlItQFGncFM3h801vLz42qd4tRL2mAYLXAeRNHM3DsgFL1Cq46x0Ft-2BAMkdeMWQPB9RtFIUT6
Pgl-2BkmQXhwOKVb823yKdsejgb-2Bxp5oklgv8H5lcQer2zf7aZc3hay61-2BpTrbyoge6laofN
BuYks8Y7dxBLBXrsxNlI5GvXyQTYjl0fxpRkFFgIrYsBln2OT0wa-2FyLYepT8oA>