[blind-democracy] Re: FW: Learn How to Avoid Financial Scams

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 10:26:13 -0700

Well Bob, if I were a Believer, I'd believe that God allows Scam calls
to enable us all to relieve our frustrations.
As I suggested to Mostafa in another email, we humans are all flawed.
And to prove it, I've been known to blow a whistle into the telephone,
whisper evil and nasty words, set the phone down after saying, "I'll
see if he is in", telling someone that my wife can't come to the phone
because I just buried her the day before, shouting in French, a
language that I can barely swear in, and even just laughing
maniacally. But in recent times I must have made peace with my inner
anger and worked out all of my rage, because I simply hang up the
phone once I understand the nature of the call. I do not say good
bye, or say I'm sorry, or my wife is busy, I just hang up. I've come
to the belief, right or wrong, that the people on the other end of the
line are desperate people trying anything to eek out a living. I will
not judge them, but I will do all I can to warn my family and friends
that such predators are lurking about.

Carl Jarvis
On 7/4/15, Bob Hachey <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Carl,
For awhile, I was getting those nasty IRS scam calls. I was threatening
them
saying things like I'll get my attorney after you or report you to the
frauds division of state's attorney general's office. The calls kept coming
and from different numbers.
Then I tried the offensive fowl language approach and I can swear with the
likes of George Carlin. Still more calls.
I think my third approach worked, however. It's been almost a month since
the last call. I have a loud voice that projects extremely well. I let the
last caller have it at the top of my lungs. Wonder if I damaged his
hearing.
Guess I have an evil streak in me! LOL.
Bob Hachey