[blind-democracy] FW: Center for American Progress: Open Netanyahu Meeting to the Public

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 21:50:00 -0500

_____

From: info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Just
Foreign Policy
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 7:54 PM
To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Center for American Progress: Open Netanyahu Meeting to the Public

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fB28NqHg9wsVAfZYPqFD3V69965KxO
%2BW> Just Foreign Policy

Dear Miriam,

Urge CAP to open its meeting with Netanyahu to the public.

Take
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=H9Gq9ngg9EzYtW5s%2Fp9AM169965K
xO%2BW> Action

On November 10, the Center for American Progress [CAP] plans to host a
"conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on a range of
issues, including Iran, Israeli-Palestinian relations, regional concerns,
and ways to strengthen the partnership between Israel and the United
States." [1]

Urge CAP to open its meeting with Netanyahu to interested journalists and
the public by signing our petition at MoveOn:

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gN5W4a2HpJmUTrhgiby1xl69965KxO
%2BW> http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/CAP-Netanyahu-open-the-meeting

Huffington Post reported that the Israeli government and the American Israel
Public Affairs Committee successfully pressured CAP to invite Netanyahu to
speak, despite Netanyahu's disavowal of the two-state solution to the
Israel-Palestine conflict, which CAP has supported. CAP has "long been seen
as a mouthpiece of the Democratic Party," the article noted, adding that CAP
founder John Podesta was once chief of staff to President Clinton and is now
chair of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. [2]

CAP's Netanyahu event as planned is closed to the public; only "invited"
media outlets and reporters will be allowed to attend. [3] Given CAP's
relationship to the Democratic Party, the "conversation" between Netanyahu
and CAP is obviously a matter of public interest.

Urge the Center for American Progress to open its planned meeting with
Netanyahu to all media outlets and reporters and to members of the public by
signing and sharing our petition.

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/CAP-Netanyahu-open-the-meeting
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AcUniYPUXHLoylLUKhDMcl69965KxO
%2BW>

Thanks for all you do to help make US foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman and Avram Reisman
Just Foreign Policy

Help support our work by making a $15 tax-deductible donation.
If you like what we do, help fund us. Make a $15 tax-deductible donation
today!
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vvcw50PFg6W6%2F2UYxRocNebqmHmX
lUke>