[blind-democracy] FW: Breathtaking 2015 behind us! World-changing 2016 ahead!

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:24:12 -0500

_____

From: Jill Stein [mailto:HQ@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 1:26 PM
To: Miriam Vieni
Subject: Breathtaking 2015 behind us! World-changing 2016 ahead!

<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjill2016.com&e=6211c1df6c80b04de3b
40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end
_of_year_b&n=1> Jill 2016

Dear Miriam --

Season's greetings from the campaign trail! After the whirlwind of the last
2 months, including 7 states and 2 international gatherings, it's clearer
than ever that the peaceful rebellion is gathering steam.

I've never seen so many people ready to break free of the corrupt two-party
system, and work together to build an independent political movement for
people, planet, and peace over profit.

As urgently as we need this movement - it's also clear that it will only
happen if people like you and me make it happen together. We are now on the
verge of qualifying for federal matching funds, which will massively
increase our campaign's ability to reach the millions of Americans who are
looking for a new political home!

Will you give what you can today to help me power up
<https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/donate?e=a027e45dfb385f5a981a9937ebd71f
ae71c291e7&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year&n=
2&e=a027e45dfb385f5a981a9937ebd71fae71c291e7&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium
=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year_b&n=2&test_email=1&e=6211c1df6c80b04de3b40b0
dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_
year_b&n=2> my campaign for 2016?

To clarify the historic opportunities ahead, let me share some excitement
from the campaign trail:

Maine:

I was honored to speak at a peace rally at Bath Iron Works, protesting the
launch of a $1.5 billion Aegis Destroyer. I shared the news that a Green New
Deal will convert factories like Bath Iron Works to wind, solar, and rail
production rather than wasting trillions of dollars on weapons and wars that
are making us less secure abroad and more impoverished at home.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fXsI_D5Qwhdo-NFi7M6iQpwR5nlKMKuPxTUZe63T6
N8QZ9a3c0iy0KvZAl-Dsu3ylTV6JRp2Ir3tKBEoyAuyitYs-p0dBUchrP0pUnRLnn7V7r43Zrymi
zTk8lJ3t_d-ZaT-NRuk>

Boston:

I spoke at the Million Student March at Northeastern University, part of a
national day of action with over 100 campuses taking part. The students were
supercharged to hear that with over 43 million carrying college debt, they
have the numbers to take over the election, and the power to take their
future back - by getting out the millennial vote to support the only
campaign committed to canceling student debt.

p_jill_million_student_march.jpg

Baltimore:

I joined Rev. Westley West, a leader in Baltimore's Black Lives Matter
movement, for one of the most exciting city council campaign launches I've
ever attended, including power chants as we marched through the streets,
gathering strength along the way as people came out of their homes to join
us!

p_jill_westley_west.JPG
<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/ZTSgNsPHN4xdz-XsRYHOKPTmZzbLtmdwA1r9kca3-
iXGtPmdjY14ralpqmeCmnvD6ncj1ryAn7Db-_3tF517_nuVMDKj8zfgik4ovrkSRFvc4d9EEyrTK
g_1SOQ1yYvIsOyyBbiw>

Another highlight was joining Dr. Margaret Flowers, Maryland's Green
candidate for Senate, to serve the people - drinks, that is - at a
meet-and-greet. It's such an honor to see Dr. Flowers, renown advocate for
Medicare for All, leading the charge for the Green political power our
movement deserves.

marg, jill, +2, solidar sign, bar.jpg
<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/JodgYARlfRGiXdfGHyAYPUPMef54RpK7C3I1dH55q
a1wLyCTvkBtKmfTbcaxMkZeib3QSdFRN5WLOQ68lGxCLvwDl4Kh0aKe4R8Is9mSucbrKdd9zH4tL
8Pf_8GgU3JZTTO1JdZA>

North Carolina:

Thanks to Michael Trudeau and the North Carolina Greens, I had a fantastic
tour through the state with the most anti-democratic ballot access laws in
the country - visiting a campus at every stop. Despite years of rule by Tea
Party Republicans, I heard from so many North Carolinians that they are
ready to break free of the two-party system entirely, rather than return
power to the lackluster Democrats in their state who enabled the GOP's rise.

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/rGfv5367JNUcRfi359QxgomRTO7UqWd9E2wJmwrBl
l6XGR_dOgJgvPIXAVaVFTkZKKT4W-mFc-1ApxAA4MO44CIVcT5SEkdHnxuvj_MI5FPYH3VPnnPH2
EhUAAsDY2RhCMf7eByJ>

New York:

I had the honor of keynoting the Green Business Summit in NYC held by the
New American Chamber of Commerce, a coalition of African-American, Asian,
Latino, and Caribbean American small businesses. It was so exciting to see,
once again, communities of color are leading the charge for just,
sustainable, community-based economies.

Green Business Summit - nyc, nov 2015 - 1119151018a~2.jpg
<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/g00wvQniSJSF6dQCQU-1Xmio9EyflU00Q2iNwfUw8
zehwZzhsRDhcuGMTu68uTGrBw6fxFuYlntF0Z-0M-wISxuFif43Ll7SKdp6cf6SN1oi7R786rCTb
XayUTv5IKGyYryTRArW>

Georgia:

I had the honor of speaking at a gathering to end immigrant detentions and
deportations, which included the largest rally ever held at School of the
Americas Watch! As the refugee crisis swells to unprecedented proportions,
it's so inspiring to see so many people standing up for the human rights of
immigrants, and to end predatory US policies that are creating millions of
refugees to start with-corporate trade deals, drug wars, regime change, and
wars, occupations, and their terrorist backlash.

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/Drc78T8nS2xzVIA4ybLbsgySy0zQT64F8doW6Ofmk
EGbKflIfDZ1fI3Qoyvx3VI_824iBu8qp2kWuQUABnwQ9pZRF9Okm2fNk4bYteBaYDpAfrfW4kDNV
Exqb2megXYmRKtUuUiF>

It was inspirational to join with Dr. Cornel West at our "Un-Block the Vote"
rally, to ensure that African Americans have not only a right to vote, but
to have full and fair choice of who to vote for.

p_jill_cornel_west.jpg
<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/9HnF7SA-1yrV4h0iAwZ6PsMdjWWc_dXNBLSOclyFz
AXZrgkmRx9XdsjKmk8Gw06VDDpaQITEG_80a_a82cyF48fzf15XqmBhA1raVty2mk2gULSHcCZt2
yXWNmAeLLNcXkZg21f6>

I'd like to give a big shout out to my Georgia/North Carolina host, Bruce
Dixon, editor of the Black Agenda Report and our Deputy Campaign Manager,
for leading the charge for racial justice all over the country - and for
being the role model he is for me and so many others.

We are working hard for ballot access across the
<https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/donate?e=a027e45dfb385f5a981a9937ebd71f
ae71c291e7&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year&n=
4&e=a027e45dfb385f5a981a9937ebd71fae71c291e7&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium
=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year_b&n=4&test_email=1&e=6211c1df6c80b04de3b40b0
dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_
year_b&n=4> country so that we can achieve justice and real democracy for
all Americans - will you donate today to help us give millions more the
opportunity to vote for a people powered campaign?

Paris and Moscow:

Given recent events, a whole series of crises were converging in Paris -
climate, war and terrorist blowback. Despite the failure of the COP to rein
in climate change, the atmosphere was transcendent as people reached out
across national boundaries and issue silos like I've never seen. You could
sense a collective vision emerging from across the planet, of a world based
on human rights, international law and respect for Mother Earth.

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/P1FTX6kFSDqfvOPZ6S5mm3lkLybC_TvDPTE6U9t1e
cGi9O_mThdVr6-07gdvuyZpVI2Gj2fL4pr17GVGcvxsY5IQj8lQd9QiTbanCbtdFkUnZxIUC7_wi
DFkdLBZzYlf2wNRqjpt>

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/N8G9As4v5dMO3f_3_1faKVbcCvG8N6vkD5aFMql0S
aFdqMX-EHtT-j7WBATsUkVprfDWMQHx3HwSUVtm4qaaTKAgnATSoC7scAYwPnrRcF2Mo93P7nALD
B1cQrinZE0qVjAFfA01>

While in Paris I spoke with both the inspirational leader of the UK Labor
Party, Jeremy Corbyn, and powerhouse Green MP, Caroline Lukas. Both
expressed enormous support for our calls for a Peace Offensive to end Middle
East wars and stop terrorism in its tracks, and for a Green New Deal to
create 100% clean renewable energy by 2030 and ensure climate justice. We
agreed to continue exploring a collaboration to galvanize the international
Peace Offensive.

After Paris I headed to Moscow to continue the conversation at an RT
gathering that brought together international leaders, independent press,
security analysts and democracy advocates.

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/bszIcGZ_0eTS6PRtVBQSFX9WES3EKE-YQuY-7LG-v
TXIzFYyTu40oXzPsFcw47T-ssMMyBDrTrmNOqul0p_CctXVwtfBTMDRb565hr77yLYwx2WFtfRVX
NWf8mlZE-PU68bBK2SQ>

I spoke with Russian leaders, including the head of foreign affairs for
Russia's parliament, about ways the US and Russia could lead the way on
global nuclear disarmament, peace in the Middle East, and military
divestment. Russian President Vladimir Putin's reaction to my panel
discussion about a Peace Offensive was extremely interesting - and
encouraging.

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/wId9dxAx_SyM9oMs0xllowZSSAL0aERoZdWzL4mSI
F1PXOuio6k_3kE_YHtTzofQT-1YMUZ5IeEhR3BpmxOSPCwIbt__ENWEwGQB2bGSgBdm-5GmSzgAS
KestsSEA3HbxhnUoKd->

In my discussions with activists and leaders from the UK, Germany, China,
India, Italy, France, Russia, and indigenous US tribes - it was clear that
Greens in general, and our campaign in particular, can play a powerful role
galvanizing global solidarity for a new way forward.

I returned home more determined than ever to help build the movement for
Democracy and Justice that is not only national, but also international. and
within our reach!

As this year draws to a close, I'm thrilled at how much we've accomplished
with your tireless support, and what world-changing opportunities lie ahead
- as I discussed in my recent interview with Cenk Uygur of the Young Turks.

p_jill_young_turks.jpg
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/M1JcIrVAjsTDty-cuWIlBvfLNl9HFMsezCJAMxgl3
hB5ivkLOLuvEs61ZSFjR7D2r8TAS5LPcHrG93FkUWyWlwWW6SHiK-Cx8LSv_2CuajJS2B9SnfNDZ
XWF0l2Ex0C1mItCDIxk>

Can you give today to make 2016 the turning point we
<https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/donate?e=a027e45dfb385f5a981a9937ebd71f
ae71c291e7&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year&n=
6&e=a027e45dfb385f5a981a9937ebd71fae71c291e7&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium
=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year_b&n=6&test_email=1&e=6211c1df6c80b04de3b40b0
dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_
year_b&n=6> so urgently need to create a world that works for all of us -
that puts people, planet, and peace over profit?

Thank you for all that you do, and I wish you and your loved ones peace,
health and happiness in the new year.

It's in our hands!

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/k1eMv_Gwt27hMDqBGEWvc4-rNfQCsm4ig4OLCfsm2
TydrL39PQgtkCGRnaSAGzTlp4aySKW8xsMycfWaBK3R8BFz3dq3nn5VS-RKNQ04NVl3wRpviIcTG
jX4sz014ulHLXHwrXZI>

Dr. Jill Stein

http://www.jill2016.com/
<http://www.jill2016.com/?e=6211c1df6c80b04de3b40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_sou
rce=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year_b&n=7>

<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjill2016.com&e=6211c1df6c80b04de3b
40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end
_of_year_b&n=8> Jill 2016

<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdrjillstein&e=
6211c1df6c80b04de3b40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=ema
il&utm_campaign=end_of_year_b&n=9> Facebook
<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fdrjillstein&e=6211c
1df6c80b04de3b40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&ut
m_campaign=end_of_year_b&n=10> Twitter
<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fjill2016&e=6211
c1df6c80b04de3b40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&u
tm_campaign=end_of_year_b&n=11> YouTube
<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjill2016.tumblr.com&e=6211c1df6c80
b04de3b40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campa
ign=end_of_year_b&n=12> Tumblr

This email was sent to miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Click here to Unsubscribe
<http://www.jill2016.com/unsubscribe?e=6211c1df6c80b04de3b40b0dc9d3538c69199
e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year_b&n=13> .

Paid for by Jill2016.com

Created with NationBuilder
<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnationbuilder.com%2F&e=6211c1df6c8
0b04de3b40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_camp
aign=end_of_year_b&n=14>

<http://www.jill2016.com/r/o?e=6211c1df6c80b04de3b40b0dc9d3538c69199e88&utm_
source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=end_of_year_b>