[blind-democracy] Re: FW: #AskTrumpAboutHer

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 16:53:15 -0400

Yes, well their social and religious views are horrible, and they do sound
more racist and more warlike. Democrats' sound much more progressive in
terms of social values. They sound as if they care more about poor people
and as if they are more peaceful. And that's even true of some of them. But
then look at the history of what both Democratic and Republican
administrations have done in terms of foreign policy and the poor,
immigrants, jobs for the middle class. If you look at the actions, rather
than the rhetoric, there's far less difference although there is some
difference. But the thing is, all of that money in politics is used to
propagandize the public and we have geryamandering to manipulate whose
votes count and the electoral college which prevents us from voting directly
for the President. We have people in office doing what they've been paid to
do by lobbyists, not what their constituents necessarily want them to do. So
this whole campaign thing, debates, all of it, it's just a pretense.

Miriam