[blind-democracy] Re: FW: After You DB82661

  • From: Penny Reeder <penny.reeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 12:05:44 -0500

Thanks for your explanation. I will do my best, should I be the rep.
Penny

On 11/13/15, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Penny,

I don't think it's increased volume capability. I don't know the name of
it,
but it would control the range of volume within a recording. It would make
the volume levels more even, rather than going from very soft to very loud.
The book I wrote about to NLS, After You by Jojo Moyes, the sequel to Me
Before You, is a perfect example of a book with very uneven volume levels
which is what I'd like them to do something about. You might try listening
to a bit of it and you'll notice how it goes from very very soft to very
loud to medium to loud to very soft, etc. All I'm advocating for, is for
that to be smoothed out so that if a patron sets the volume for a book that
is comfortable, he or she doesn't have to keep changing the level. Thanks
so
much. By the way, if it would help to talk about it, my phone number is
516-333-5104 or I can call you.