[blind-democracy] FBI Director openly demonstrates what stupid sounds like

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 21:03:59 -0700

FBI director James Comey wins the prize as the "Double Talk" Poster
Boy of 2015. Comey demonstrates the ability to look a Terrorist
square in the face and not recognize him.
Of course I should be certain to disclose my bias toward the FBI.
After watching their role in the McCarthy House Un-American Committee
hearings back some 65 years ago, I have no belief that the FBI
hierarchy ever speaks the truth. But come on Mister Comey, at least
you could lie with a bit of class. You really want to claim that this
crazed murderer is not a First Class Terrorist? Well sir, do you know
what, "Put Out to Pasture" means?
Carl Jarvis

****

In the wake of the Charleston church shooting in South Carolina, two
particular phrases have been used in the media to describe the attack
— “hate crime”
and “terrorist act.”
Soon after the initial reports
of the tragedy, the authorities threw both around when discussing the
matter with reporters, sometimes letting their emotions get the better
of them.
That is, what Dylann Roof did was terrible, but until the official
investigation is complete, the use of either descriptor won’t be
completely accurate.

But that hasn’t stopped FBI Director James Comey from discounting the
use of “terrorism” and “terrorist act” to describe Roof’s crimes. At a
press conference
in Baltimore on Saturday, Comey said that the agency was currently
investigating whether or not Roof committed a hate crime, but not
terrorism:

block quote
“Terrorism is act of violence done or threatens to in order to try to
influence a public body or citizenry so it’s more of a political act
and again based
on what I know so more I don’t see it as a political act.”
block quote end

The Bureau has a rather large and ever-evolving code of definitions
for the various kinds of terrorism and terrorist acts. However,
the basic definition
is quite simple:

block quote
The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to
intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any
segment thereof
in furtherance of political or social objectives.”
block quote end