[blind-democracy] Re: Do Indian Lives Matter? Police Violence Against Native Americans

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 19:49:22 -0400

I don't know about comfort levels in using either me or I , but when someone says it's me I don't even notice. It has become so near universal that it really does not register with me when someone says it. If they say it's I, though, I do notice. That is rare enough that it does catch my attention. Anyway, I'm too busy being annoyed at every piddling thing being called awesome. Argh!

On 10/31/2015 4:49 PM, Miriam Vieni wrote:

Well, they do call themselves American Indians and so we can call them what
we wish in our minds, but publicly, when writing articles, it's important to
honor their wishes. I'm uncomfortable every time someone says, "It's me".
The correct sentence is, "It is I". But everyone in America has decided to
use the subjective case, rather than the nominative case, as is
grammatically correct. The useage has changed, including, in books.