[blind-democracy] Re: Demon Possessed?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 20:15:18 -0400

In that case, you bring me back to being an agnostic again. As I have said repeatedly, if know means absolute certainty then I don't know that there is no god just like I don't know that I am not some amebic organism in another universe having a dream that I and this world is as it is. Even if there is one chance in infinity that it is true the chance is still there. However, one chance in infinity is the closest you can get to zero. Again, a decimal point followed by an infinity of zeros before you get to the digit that is something other than a zero means that you will never get to the digit that is other than a zero.

On 7/19/2015 4:43 PM, Alice Dampman Humel wrote:

Again, I think for many agnostics at least, it’s not even so much uncertainty about the existence or lack thereof of a God, but rather that it is unknowable. To me, at least, there is a slight but significant distinction there.
On Jul 19, 2015, at 3:44 PM, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

But atheists say that they do not believe in a traditional God and they do
not have the answers to how or why the world is as it is. Agnostics say that
they do not know whether or not there is a God. Carl always, in all of his
posts, makes clear that he thinks that God is non existent, just a concept
created by humans. So he is not, by definition, an agnostic. Agnostics are
not sure whether or not God exists. And Carl just said, in his response to
me, that he calls himself an agnostic to avoid confrontations with people.

Miriam