[blind-democracy] Re: Bernie Sanders Takes His Populism to the Red States and Draws Huge Crowd

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:35:49 -0400

I'm not arguing with your point, Carl. I just would like to remind everyone
that there are people who are not poor and who are not ultra wealthy, who
are living very comfortable lives. A former adoption client called me today,
just to ssay "hello" after not having talked to me for several years.
Interestingly, her political and social views are very similar to mine. Her
thoughts and feelings about Obama, for example, are almost identical to
mine. I can't remember what her husband does for a living, but she is a stay
at home mom. They adopted 4 children, 2 from China and 2 From Guatemala. The
youngest one must be about 9 or 10 now. One of their daughters attends a
private educationally progressive school because she was miserable in her
public school. One daughter is autistic, but I think the special school that
she attends is public. The other two go to public school. The family lives
in a comfortable neighborhood in Queens in New York City and owns their own
home. But it isn't an upscale neighborhood and the house isn't huge. Two of
the children take dance lessons. The children are all attending day camp
this summer. Just to be able to do these adoptions costs a lot of money,
thousands and thousands of dollars because of the travel expenses and agency
fees. These people have everything they need but they don't live, what is
considered a lavish life style. And there are lots and lots of people like
them.

From: blind-democracy-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:blind-democracy-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: blind-democracy-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx