[blind-democracy] Re: Ben Carson Says He's Against Abortion in All Cases, Makes Slavery Comparison

  • From: "R. E. Driscoll Sr" <llocsirdsr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:44:08 -0500

Alice:
Your definition of 'better' is different than mine!
R. E. (Dick) Driscoll, Sr.

On 10/26/2015 11:09 AM, Alice Dampman Humel wrote:

He’s not better at all, only different, presents differently, that is…but better? Not at all.
On Oct 26, 2015, at 11:14 AM, R. E. Driscoll Sr <llocsirdsr@xxxxxxx <mailto:llocsirdsr@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

All:

I happened to watch and listen to the TV News Show referenced.

Ben Carson came across to me as being a thoughtful and considerate person who has some very strong views about the social conditions of today.

He is, in my opinion, a better candidate than Donald Trump at this point in time.

R. E. (Dick) Driscoll, Sr.

On 10/26/2015 9:58 AM, Miriam Vieni wrote:
Ben Carson Says He's Against Abortion in All Cases, Makes Slavery Comparison
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/ben_carson_says_hes_against_abor
tion_in_all_cases_20151025/
Posted on Oct 25, 2015
NBCNews.com <http://NBCNews.com>
Dr. Ben Carson isn't shy about making comparisons with slavery in order to
draw attention to present-day socio-political issues in America, and during
an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday, he invoked that
historical disgrace once again in reference to abortion.
On the weekly news show, Carson, who's within close range of GOP
front-runner Donald Trump in the polls, spelled out his uncompromising
stance on the polarizing issue of abortion (via The New York Times):
The Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said Sunday he believed
that abortion should be outlawed even in cases of rape and incest, comparing
the procedure with slavery.
"I would not be in favor of killing a baby because the baby came about in
that way," Mr. Carson said on NBC's "Meet the Press," citing "the many
stories of people who have led very useful lives who were the result of rape
or incest."
Mr. Carson, who has not been shy about using slavery and Nazi metaphors,
held up what he said was a historic parallel with abortion.
"During slavery, a lot of the slave owners thought that they had the right
to do whatever they wanted to that slave," said Mr. Carson, a former brain
surgeon. "Anything that they chose to do. And, you know, what if the
abolitionist had said, you know, 'I don't believe in slavery. I think it's
wrong. But you guys do whatever you want to do.' Where would we be?"
Carson had previously drawn a parallel to slavery when discussing Obamacare
two years ago, during a speech at the Values Voter Summit in Washington,
D.C., in which he said, "You know, Obamacare is really, I think, the worst
thing that has happened in this nation since slavery."
During his sit-down Sunday with "Meet the Press" moderator Chuck Todd,
Carson also addressed his willingness to use the Holocaust and Nazi Germany
to illustrate what he views as modern-day societal dangers. "Interestingly
enough, in the last several weeks I've heard from many people in the Jewish
community, including rabbis, who have said, 'You're spot-on,' " Carson said.
Watch Carson discuss his stance on abortion, as well as his support for
revoking Roe v. Wade, in the "Meet the Press" clip below (via NBC):
-Posted by Kasia Anderson

http://www.truthdig.com/ http://www.truthdig.com/
[...]
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/iraq_afghanistan_and_other_special_ops_s
uccesses_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/iraq_afghanistan_and_other_special_ops_s
uccesses_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/iraq_afghanistan_and_other_special_ops_s
uccesses_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/bonn_climate_talks_fail_to_narrow_rich-p
oor_divide_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/bonn_climate_talks_fail_to_narrow_rich-p
oor_divide_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/bonn_climate_talks_fail_to_narrow_rich-p
oor_divide_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/bush_lapdog_tony_blair_apologize_correct
ly_destabilize_middle_east_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/bush_lapdog_tony_blair_apologize_correct
ly_destabilize_middle_east_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/bush_lapdog_tony_blair_apologize_correct
ly_destabilize_middle_east_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/among_current_crop_presidential_candidat
es_exhibits_leadership_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/among_current_crop_presidential_candidat
es_exhibits_leadership_20151026/
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/among_current_crop_presidential_candidat
es_exhibits_leadership_20151026/http://www.truthdig.com/
http://www.truthdig.com/
http://www.truthdig.com/about/http://www.truthdig.com/contact/http://www.tru
thdig.com/about/advertising/ <http://thdig.com/about/advertising/>http://www.truthdig.com/user_agreement/http://ww
w.truthdig.com/privacy_policy/ <http://w.truthdig.com/privacy_policy/>http://www.truthdig.com/about/comment_policy/
C 2015 Truthdig, LLC. All rights reserved.
http://www.hopstudios.com/
http://support.truthdig.com/signup_page/subscribe
http://support.truthdig.com/signup_page/subscribe
http://www.facebook.com/truthdighttp://twitter.com/intent/follow?source=foll