[blind-democracy] Re: Babble

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 07:44:11 -0700

Before worrying about who is allowed to view these childish
entanglements, I would wonder why we allow them to be presented as
debates. What we are presented with are simply individual cameos.
Polished, packaged little presentations that promise us in vague
terms, all that we want. These packaged shows do not allow us to see
the individual performers. We only see what they and their handlers
want us to see. It is a stage full of Wizards of Oz, hiding behind
curtains and mirrors. In short, the so called debates are just
another distraction to con Americans into believing they are being
included in the process of selecting a leader.
Another question. Are these candidates really the best our Empire can
buy? There are no strong leaders among this collection of
mealy-mouthed puppets. Oh sure, some like Trump make loud noises.
But is he really outlining a plan to set in place any of his wild
rants? And Hillary is now being sold to us as a Left of Center
Liberal. Even Bernie Sanders flaps his face in support of continuing
our eternal war on terror. How can he deliver all he has promised,
while continuing to knuckle under to the world's mightiest military
power?
I shudder to think of all the "debates" yet to be presented for our
viewing pleasure. And then we have all the state and local
meaningless mouthing to wade through.
When all the smoke has cleared, we will have a bunch of politicians
that look and act pretty much like the ones we've had for the past 50
years. The winner will be the Empire. And their Media will have been
well rewarded financially, through their pandering to their Master.
Meanwhile, we Working Class Americans will sigh a sigh of relief, and
Do we have the guts or the good sense to really cast a meaningful
vote? I mean, like turning off our TV's and Radios, and insisting on
being respected as Citizens, rather than as mindless consumers?
If we want change, we will have to be the ones to demand it. Change
bubbles up. Tyranny presses down.

Carl Jarvis

On 10/17/15, Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Weren’t at least some of the Republican debacles, I mean er, ah, debates,
aired on the networks? I thought they were, and that made the fact that the
Democratic one was only available to people with cable TV. Yet another lie
handed to us was that you could stream it on line, but if you tried, you
found out you could only do that if you paid for it.

On Oct 14, 2015, at 9:23 PM, abdulah aga <abdulahhasic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Miriam

So you have to know them goal wasn't to all audience

that why debates is jus for people who pay cable TV or satellite,

because they know how many people is poor and can't pay it and they know
if all people see how they play with people life then many wouldn't watt.
-----Original Message----- From: Miriam Vieni
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:00 PM
To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blind-democracy] Re: Babble

They never debate and the rules are always set by the two national
parties.
But years ago, the debates were run by the League of Women Voters and the
debates, or whatever name you want to give them, were more open and the
rules were fairer. I would like to see them being run by a neutral party
and
I would like to see spontaneous questions from an audience that hasn't
been
hand picked, be permitted. And I'd like them to be Broadcast on PBS and
NPR
so that people who don't have the money to pay for cable TV packages,
would
have access to them. Also, advertising would be banned so perhaps they'd
be
less of a performance and more informative.