[blind-democracy] Re: Babble

  • From: "Charles Krugman" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ckrugman" for DMARC)
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:17:04 -0700

well, I have come to the conclusion that the only value that the debates have is for the benefit of the media to generate viewing. I especially question the value when it is on a medium such as CNN that people have to pay to view. If the debates were meant to reach the masses they would all be on over the air channels that people don't have to pay to get.
Chuck

-----Original Message----- From: Miriam Vieni
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 6:53 AM
To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blind-democracy] Re: Babble

One of the most irritating things has been all the hype before this debate,
the emails, the invitations to join on line communities who would watch
together and comment and send questions by Face Book, as if these gimmicks
were actually permitting people to participate in the democratic process. I
was most irritated by an advertising ploy by the Sanders Campaign, an email,
supposedly from his wife, about how excited she was about the debate and
asking me to sign a card wishing him luck. The cheering, applauding crowd at
the stsart of the debate, all of it is part of a false, commercialized,
advertising mass media spectacle that has nothing to do with serious
politics.