[blind-democracy] Americanism fragile

  • From: "Bob" <ebob824@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 05:27:48 +0200

After his widely reported slur about African nations during oval office meeting on immigration, critics wonder if Trump is eroding US moral authority. He uttered his impudent remark in the presence of bipartisan members of the senate and the press. I watched the whole meeting online. What has truly taken me aback though, is the fact of this racist statement surpassed so passively. No one among those who were present attempted to repudiate, condemn or even gesturally oppose what has been said. It seems that discriminatory and prejudicial sentiments are commonly tolerated in the US. This is a hostile entity which promotes incelence, disgrace and scurrilous behaviour. He certainly attainted oval office with wittingly uttering this derogatory remark. US culture is self-assertive. Therefore, they indeed encounter a moral crisis. It has reached its climate. Consequently, I'd like to ask those who preach the gospel therein, hasn't your culture breached religious devotion? What made your colloquial rhetoric casually disrespectful? Why should I think of immigration to a place where disrespect is pretty common? What does the US do than acting thuggishly against opponents, denigrating people of colour and funding Israel's aggression? Do you think people of Norway will come to a country its president is conspicuously notorious of uttering discourtesy? I assure you though, average European citizens are far more civil than this. Lay Africans won't misbehave in response, even if they were dissed by the supposedly strongest person in the world. His morals are totally absent even if his protagonists claimed otherwise. Your current chief is indeed an embarrassment to civil nations like Europe, Austrailia and your closest regional neighbor, Canada. We might be poor, live in developing nations but, we learnt comportment and etiquette. What is the benefit of being truly rich but rude? Even the needy, won't take charity from someone as such. US pride, please, continue to unveil your barefaced spirit.

Bob Evans

Our fate is to integrate. We like to treat people as we like to be treated.

---