[blind-democracy] Re: A Crisis in White America

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 19:09:16 -0800

That's the trouble with metaphors. We get tangled up in the example
rather than addressing the issue. My bakery thing was off the top of
my head, and about as flawed as could be expected.
But my point is that we really have no choice any longer. I believe
that regardless of who gets the presidency, and who the other elected
officials are, and who they hire to do their work, we will continue
slipping into a Military/Industrial/Corporate Oligarchy. Voting for
Sanders in the primary does have some chance of success...not much,
but some. But if Hillary Clinton becomes the choice of the Democrats,
and Donald Duck...oops, I mean Trump, becomes the Republican choice,
and a majority of us vote for Clinton, can we honestly say we have had
a choice? Clinton will do pretty much the same as Obama has done, or
as Bill Clinton did. She will move toward the Establishment's goals,
not the Working Class'.
So a vote for Clinton or a vote for Stein are in effect one and the
same.A protest vote. But with Jill Stein, we know she will not be
elected, and could not be impacted by the Corporate goals. Clinton,
if elected, will sell out the Working Class more slowly than would
some Republicans, but if we vote for her thinking she will hold any
line, we are first class fools. Of course, if enough of us refused to
vote, we would lose. The Empire leaders would claim that the American
people are too uncaring or unable to run their government, and they
would tighten down the screws even tighter, making it even more
difficult for change to occur.

Enough. I'm off for another slice of apple pie covered with whipped
cream. And then Cathy and I will settle down with a good book and
drift off to lala land.

Carl Jarvis
On 12/24/15, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But suppose the cookies in one tray will kill me, my family, and my friends
within the week, and the cookies in the other tray will allow us all to
live
for, perhaps, several more years, although not comfortably. Isn't it better
to make a choice?