[blind-chess] Re: To Richard About The Chess Problems In The Book Called How Not to Play Chess

  • From: "Jim" <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 20:46:44 -0400

Hi Rebeccah,
It's hard copy, about 40  years old. If I ever get brave enough, I might
read it out loud into my computer if I can figure out how to use Audacity.
My out loud reading is so terrible, though, that no-one would want to wad
through it. You'd have to do one of those speed up things on it and break
your computer just to get anything good out of it. But that's how highly I
think of the book.

Jim

Jim Homme
Skype: jim.homme
"Every day's a gift."

On 2010-05-06, at 1:03 AM, Jim wrote:

> Dear Richard,
> I took a fresh look at the chess problems in the book of the subject of
this
> e-mail. From what I can see, you have to have read the book to do the
> problems. I feel that they wouldn't serve our purposes. For any Braille
> readers in the group, I feel that this is a pretty good book for someone
who
> is a beginner and a little more advanced who wants to improve their chess.
> got it from NLS.
>
> Jim
>
> Jim Homme
> Skype: jim.homme
> "Every day's a gift."

View list information and change your settings:
//www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess
===