[blind-chess] Re: Revising Help Rules

  • From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:58:57 -0500

Hi,

In one of the first email chess games I played, I consulted a book to help me
get through the opening. I told my opponent I was doing this, and he said it
was fine, that it would help me avoid doing something really stupid in the
first few moves of the game. I appreciated that.

If I were ever playing a game that got into a situation similar to another game
I had played or knew about, I would certainly learn more if I had the freedom
to look at those other games and try to figure out a different course of action.

So I think the current rules are fine, and I agree with Rod that Skype or phone
would be better for an over-the-board type experience.

Cheers,
Anna

View list information and change your settings:
//www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess
=======