[blind-chess] Re: Problem Layout Options

  • From: Shane W <shane-blindchess@xxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 19:47:43 -0700

Though I have no opinion on the long-form output (I will
use the FEN), I think extending FEN to include flags might
be useful. That is after the fen string is a space then
either B or W to indicate who is on move, space and
castling rights flags KQkq  etc.

Example:
rnbqkbnr/pp1ppppp/8/2p5/4P3/5N2/PPPP1PPP/RNBQKB1R b KQkq - 1 2

Shane