[blind-chess] Re: New here and interested in playing

  • From: Glitch matrix <glitch.matrix.cmd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:31:13 -0700

Hello, Jeff,

Oh, that is good news. Thanks for chiming in and sharing about chess games on the iOS that are accessible. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am delightedly so. I can't imagine how the gameplay even would work on a touch screen. I do not yet have an iPhone, but will get the next one that comes out next year, whenever that will be.

Would you go briefly into detail about the gameplay for Chess-Wise with emphasis on VoiceOver gestures and feedback?

Talk soon,
Van

On 10/19/2011 9:13 PM, Jeffrey Turner wrote:
Van,

You're in luck. Both Chess-wise and Shredder are accessible chess programs
available on IOS devices. I have not upgraded to IOS5 yet, so don't know if
Chess-wise works well on the latest and greatest version, and I don't own
Shredder,but I haven't seen anything on the viphone list saying they don't
work with IOS5.