[blind-chess] Invitation to a Free Almost Over-The-Board Chess Tournament

  • From: Jim Slagle <jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftp-chess yahoogroups <ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:45:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Chess Players,

You are invited to play in the June 2012 World Chess Parlor Swiss Tournament.
All are welcome to play.
This is not a USBCA sponsored event.

You arrange to schedule your game at a time and date
convenient to you.
It is a 3 or 4 round swiss stylle tournament.
A game usually lasts a couple of hours.
You may request and receive a half point bye in Round 1.
The full rules will be e-mailed with Round 1 pairings.

To enter this free tournament, simply e-mail me at jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx
by Sunday, June 3,  at 11:00 A.M. EDT, which is 15:00 UTC or GMT.

Lea and Mark are unavailable to play in June, so the Mike Allain Memorial
Tournament will start in July.
Lea and Mark will play in that tournament.

Thanks to Lea for directing our May tournament so well.
Congratulations to Victor Laramore, who won the May tournament with a perfect
score of three wins out of three.

Also you are invited to attend our weekly World Chess
> Parlor Club Meeting on Saturday in the Chess Parlor at
> for-the-people.com at 11:30 A.M. Eastern DayLight Saving
> Time, 15:30 GMT or UTC.
> Everything is free!
> We can tell you how you can get free chess lessons, even if
> you have never played this great game.
> If you have any chess questions or would like to arrange a
> game, please attend the meeting.
> Our voice chat room "over-the-board" Chess Parlor
> Tournament and Ladder Tournament and other things will be
> discussed.
> Our tournaments are free and open to all, including
> beginners.
> You are welcome to listen to any of our games in the Chess
> Parlor.
> A game is played in a couple of hours.
> It is voice-chat over-the-board chess.
> It is not correspondence chess or email chess.
> You will need to plug a microphone into your computer.
> A microphone cost less than ten dollars.
>
> P.S. For-the-people.com is a set of voice chat rooms.
> It is free.
> To register for for-the-people, go to the web site,
> for-the-people.com, and follow the directions.
> If you have a problem in registering or in entering the
> Chess Parlor room, et cetera, email FTPTechTeam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> After you have been accepted by for-the-people.com, to
> subscribe to ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> go to the for-the-people.com home page, and follow the
> e-mail list link.
>
> Keep checking,
> Jim Slagle
> U.S.A. Phone: 609 945 5415

View list information and change your settings:
//www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess
=======