[blind-chess] Edward, good answer Re: Spoiler Alert Problem WAC062

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 18:44:17 -0700

Hello Edward,

You did a very good job of analyzing this somewhat deceptive problem.  When
Paul posts his analysis I think you will find it interesting, so look for it
soon.

I say this is deceptive because black actually sets a trap by taking the pawn
and appearing to offer a Rook.  Because as you clearly point out taking the
rook leads to mate.  So white must find other defenses to the check.

Richard